Thursday, November 26, 2009

Crazy Cat People




My first blog where I can waffle to people wherever and if anyone is listening out there and cares, can get some insight into what it's like having to deal day in and out in the cat world. This isn't meant to be a whinging blog, but at the end of the day - it's good to vent...My main purpose is to get as many animals homed, at the same time. If you read this and you think my waffling is about you - it probably is.

The hardest thing about trying to rehome so many animals, isn't actually the animals, it's having to deal with people. Patience is not something that comes easy to me and never has.


www.melaniealdridge.com


I think i'm going to dedicate this blog to myself and my sanity or lack there of. I do believe that people involved in animal welfare, all over the world probably have to be slightly barmy. If you think about it, where do you think the phrase "crazy cat lady" derived from? Probably me! Who on earth would want to riddle every corner of our home with these addictive fur balls.. hoarders you say?? .. perhaps... some people collect art, others collect cats... Cats always get such a bad wrap. It's either Team Cats, or Team Dogs... or in my case the whole team and army of animals whatever they may be.

Why do we make our lives more difficult and complicated than it really should be? Lord knows, because we have to. Because without it we wouldn't feel like we were contributing to life itself. Maybe we just prefer animals to people.

It goes without saying that every day we strive to find homes for these fur balls... and not a day goes by where I wonder whether the cats we've rehomed will get as much love and attention as they would have done in my cat shack.... i have to think that they would be otherwise it would make this all kind of pointless.



No comments:

Post a Comment